- Pharamcist, St Joes West 5th Campus, McMaster University
- PhD, McMaster University, Medicial Sciences, 2014
- CIHR Drug Safety and Effectiveness Cross Disciplinary Training (DSECT) program April 2013
- RPh., Ontario College of Pharmacists, 2009
- M.Phil. Pharmacology, The University of the West Indies, Trinidad 2006 (MSc Equivalent)
- Pharmacist, The University of the West Indies, Trinidad 2000
- Translational evaluation of clinical problems in Respirology
- Prospective Lung Biomarker evaluation in Fibrotic Lung disease
- Drug Safety Monitoring and Evaluation of medications for adverse lung events
- Teaching Assistant, Pharmacology and Microbiology, School of Nursing, Mc Master University
- Lecturer Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, The University of the West Indies 2006-2008
- Clinical Trials in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Update and Perspectives Eva Baroke, Shyam Maharaj, Martin Kolb. Future Science: Clinical Investigation 1(12): 1669, December 2011.
- Local Delivery of GM-CSF Protects Mice from Lethal Pneumococcal Pneumonia. Steinwede K, Tempelhof O, Bolte K, Maus R, Bohling J, Ueberberg B, Länger F, Christman JW, Paton JC, Ask K, Maharaj S, Kolb M, Gauldie J, Welte T, Maus UA. J Immunol. 2011 Nov 15;187(10):5346-56.
- Fibrocytes in chronic lung disease-Facts and controversies. Maharaj SS, Baroke E, Gauldie J, Kolb MR. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2011 Sep 20.
- Oxidative stress contributes to the induction and persistence of TGF-β1 induced pulmonary fibrosis. Ye Cui, Jennifer Robertson, Shyam Maharaj, Lisa Waldhauser, J Nui, J Wang, Laszlo Farkas, Martin R.J. Kolb, and Jack Gauldie. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. April 14 2011.
- Modifying Fibrocyte responses in rat bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Maharaj S, Kolb P, Gauldie J and Kolb M. American Thoracic Society Conference Philadelphia 2013.
- Fibrocytes. Maharaj S, Gauldie J and Kolb M. Creative Advances in Fibrosis Therapy (CRAFT) Newsletter. November 2012.
- GM-CSF over expression in an animal model elicits a robust fibrocyte response. Maharaj S, Baroke E,Gauldie J and Kolb M. 17th International Colloquium on Lung and Airway Fibrosis. Italy, September 2012.
- Increased Fibrocytes in patients newly diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Maharaj S, Baroke E, Tenuta A, Blanchard A, Simpson J, Jenkins G, Braybrooke R, Saini G, Bailey H, Gauldie J and Kolb M (American Thoracic Society Conference 2012).
- Mesenchymal cell progenitors in fibrotic lung diseases. Baroke E, Maharaj S, de Wall C, Gauldie J, O’Byrne P and Kolb M (German Respiratory Society Conference 2012).
- CIHR trainee Drug Safety and Effectiveness Cross Disciplinary Training. April 2012.
- Travel award: 16th International Colloquium on Lung and Airway Fibrosis 2010
- Deans Award for Post Graduate Research, The University of the West Indies, 2004-2006